Things to Do Before Taking Your Clothes to the Dry Cleaners
May 7, 2021
Washing a load of laundry at home can take you about two hours from loading to folding. If you need to cut this time shorter, here’s something you can do instead: prepare your clothes and then take them over to our Indianapolis dry cleaners. Laundry prep only takes about ten to 20 minutes —time that’s easier to make than a full two hours or more.
What kind of prep do you need to do before dropping off your clothes at the dry cleaners? Here’s our take.
What Dry Cleaners Do
Let us first take a look at what dry cleaning services like Starcrest Cleaners do. We offer same-day dry cleaning and free pickup and delivery services for customers in our service areas. We wash clothes according to the service you selected, dry, then fold your clothes in preparation for pickup or delivery.
Our staff looks for stains that need special attention (i.e., ketchup smears or pen marks) and checks clothes for items that may have been accidentally left in the pockets. Sometimes, however, clothes have hidden pockets or delicate matters like a thin lining, brittle seams, and loose buttons that we don’t notice in the brief time that we look them over.
You can help us take better care of your clothes by doing some preparations before coming to our shops.
To-Do’s Before Drop-off
These are the things we highly recommend you to do:
- Check your pockets for loose change, bills, and other valuables like watches and jewelry.
- Detach or remove loose accessories from your clothes, like belts, buckles, brooches, etc.
- Tag and label every piece of clothing with your name or initials.
- Check for stains and put the ones that need special attention on top of the pile. When you arrive at the laundry service, it will be easy for you to show us what we need to pay attention to.
- Check your clothes for existing damage, like tears, splits along the seams, lost buttons. Etc.
- Check the manufacturer’s recommendation on how your clothes should be washed.
- Lightly fold your clothes before packing them in a laundry basket or bag. This helps reduce the wrinkles that form after they’re washed and dried.
- Put your undergarments, socks, handkerchiefs, and removable garter belts inside washable laundry bags. This is to keep them from getting entangled with the bigger pieces of clothing, which can lead to stretching and warping.
These simple preparations can help us a lot in ensuring your clothes will be in pristine condition when we’re done dry cleaning or laundering them.
Going to the Dry Cleaners (mention pick-up services)
Make every dollar count by choosing a reliable dry cleaning service. Starcrest Cleaners is a widely trusted professional laundry service in Indianapolis. We offer a variety of professional laundry services, like drop-off dry cleaning, dry and wet cleaning for wedding gowns, and dry cleaning for comforters and blankets.
Experience the best dry cleaning service at Starcrest Cleaners. Contact us today.